top of page
Local experts want to walk with you!
Individuals, Friends, Families, Social Groups.
to set up an adventure just for you!
Upcoming Member Meetings and Planned Hikes
- Wed, Apr 12SebrightHARRY HALL presents everything you need to know about the Islands of the North Atlantic--- to include Faroes, Shetlands, Orkneys, Iceland and probably Greenland.
- Sat, Apr 22SebrightJoin us for a Wylie Rd clean day in honour of Lou Probst. Lou would do an Earth Day clean up in the Carden area every year and we would like to keep the tradition going. Meet at the Bluebird Ranch parking lot at 10am. Bring a heavy duty garbage bag and gloves.
- Mon, Apr 24SebrightMeet at the Bluebird Ranch parking lot at 6 pm. From there we will walk north on Wylie Rd listening and walking and chatting.
- Wed, May 10SebrightHear all about a group of rugged travelers walked, hikes, climbed, crawled and swam the Bruce Trail's 914kms in a short 17 years! It was all about the journey..........& some great food as well.
- Sat, Jun 03SebrightJoin us and the Huntsville Nature Club for a walk on the Prairie Smoke Alvar led by Ginny Moor & Dale Leadbeater. We will meet at the Prairie Smoke parking lot for a 10am departure for our hike,
- Tue, Jun 06SebrightJoin us to see and learn all about the Bluebirds on Wylie Rd with Herb Furniss, Sherry Nadolny , Debbie Hewitt. We'll meet at the parking lot South of Wylie Rd Bird Blind Bluebird Box 1 & 2
- Wed, Jun 14SebrightJoin us to celebrate 20 years of Carden Field Naturalist history. We'll have burgers, dogs, drinks and a cake too. Bring your binos, bring your stories, tell some tales, just come and share. If it rains we go inside the rec centre and do it inside. What's your favourite CFN Memory?
- Tue, Jun 27Lanark CountyA group of CFN members plan on a trip to the Purdon Conservation Area to view the over 16,000 Lady Slipper Orchids. Anyone interested in joining please contact Tom Wilson at 705-345-1919 or email@example.com It's around a 4 hour drive with a few stops.
- Thu, Jul 27KirkfieldEleanor Reid has graciously offered her screened in porch for an evening of wonder. Maybe wondering what was that sound? Contact Tom Wilson 705-345-1919 if you require transportation
- Tue, Aug 15BrechinPlease join us at Lake Simcoe for another BBQ afternoon. Begins at NOON and ends when it ends. Burgers, dogs and soft drinks supplied so feel free to bring a salad or dessert. Bring your bathing suit. Go for a kayak. Tell some tales. Over-nighters welcome. Kids welcome. See ya there!
- Fri, Sept 15BarrieNature Barrie will be hosting our annual Huronia Gathering of the Orillia, Midland, Carden and Barrie Naturalist clubs. Meeting will be held at Northwest Barrie United Church.
- Sat, Sept 23KirkfieldOnce again Eleanor Reid has offered her property for an afternoon of tree identification on her 400 acres filled with trails and of course trees. Come and learn from the expert! 2PM start.
- Wed, Oct 11SebrightJohn Alexander of the Southern Ontario Orchid Society Conservation Committee SOOS
- Wed, Nov 08SebrightGinny Moore's presentations are always a delight to watch & learn. Ginny's talents have now extended into the wide world of bird banding.
- Wed, Dec 13SebrightJoin us for the annual fund raiser of our club for a night of "Short" presentations, lots of food and fun with the Bucket Raffle and Silent Auction items up for a new home. It's a blast!
- Wed, Jan 03SebrightCONTACT BOB BOWLES FOR DETAILS 705-790-8884
- Time is TBDCardenJoin the CFN crew in support and celebration of our LGBTQ+ community members!
bottom of page